The 2020 election may still seem far off into the distance, but it’s closer than we realize—I mean we are almost halfway through 2019. With that being said, there are plenty of people across the nation that think they have what it takes to become the next President of the United States. As of May 13th, there were already a total of 716 candidates signed up to run in the next election…yes, you read that right 716!
While that number is usually around 1,500, it was still shocking to me (I am also a typical millennial that doesn’t notice those type of numbers). However, what was the most interesting part, as I looked deeper into who all was running were the names of said candidates. Sadly none claimed the name Mickey Mouse… yet. I was still surprised with what people had come up with. Here are the top 10 names on the list that I found to be quite comical… and no I did not make these up.
- Seymour Cats: Classic.
- Voice Over Pete: Interesting choice.
- Seven the Dog: A dog for president, I’m here for it.
- Jo 753: Couldn’t even come up with a last name, just typed random numbers?
- Internet Beef: Arby’s? Is that you?
- John “Kingtamer” D’aura: Curious as to why Kingtamer is in quotes…
- Leomard Sportsinterviews: A president who is all about Sportsinterviews, so ESPN is in the running.
- Sexy Vegan: Sounds like an old AOL screen name.
- Kanye Deez Nuts West: We knew there had to be at least one Kanye on the list…
- President Boddie: Already claiming to be the president, bold move.
With more than 700 candidates, it was surprisingly hard to determine the top 10. I’m sure there will be plenty more added as the year goes on, but for now we wait and hope that Mickey Mouse makes it on the list at some point.