GREER, S.C. — SAM, the Serve America Movement, announced its support and endorsement for Guy Furay, the American Party of South Carolina’s nominee for the state’s fourth congressional district.
“Guy Furay embodies SAM’s principles and priorities,” said Sarah Lenti, CEO of SAM. “He knows that the most important part of running for public office is service to constituents, not special interests.”
SAM is a 527-organization with the mission to break the self-interested stranglehold of the two-party monopoly over our politics and build a new political party for a new American majority.
“The American Party of South Carolina appreciates the support and endorsement of SAM for Guy Furay’s candidacy for South Carolina’s 4th Congressional District,” said Jim Rex, Chairman of the American Party of South Carolina.“Guy is the kind of candidate that SAM is committed to help elect in 2018, and beyond.”
“SAM and the American Party know that Americans are sick and tired of candidates who run for office with the intent of putting their party before their country and partisanship before patriotism,” Rex continued. “Guy Furay represents the change we need if we are to repair our broken political system.”
“This fall, South Carolina voters have the chance to elect someone not beholden to either of the two major parties and who will go to Washington to represent the people first and always,” said Reed Galen, SAM Chief Strategist. “Guy Furay is that candidate.”
SAM’s goals for 2018 and into the future include:
- Obtaining ballot access in states across the country
- Advocating for and supporting electoral reform measures across the country, including ballot measures that
- End Partisan Gerrymandering
- Repeal “Sore Loser” Laws
- Reform and Strengthen Campaign Finance Disclosure
- Give Voters More General Election Choices
- Expand Voter Registration and Voter Access
- Remove Unnecessarily High Barriers to Ballot Access by Independents and New Parties
- Implement “Top Four” Primaries and Utilize Ranked-Choice Voting
- Recruiting and supporting candidates for political office who put people before party and are dedicated to finding objectives-based solutions to the country’s biggest problems.
About Guy 4 Congress:
Guy Furay is running as an American Party candidate for the Fourth Congressional District in South Carolina. His platform is about fixing healthcare, setting term limits, bridging the political divide and increasing voter turnout. Learn more at www.guy4congress.com