GREENVILLE, S.C. – It’s time to talk about tacos – the Tacos ‘n Tequila Fiesta that is.
One of the Upstate’s most vibrant food festivals, Tacos ‘n Tequila Fiesta will be held on Sunday, May 2, at the Old Cigar Warehouse in downtown Greenville. The fiesta will be held in two sessions, 12:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m. and then 4 p.m. – 7 p.m., with 30-minute early starts for VIP tickets holders in order to limit the capacity and allow for social distancing.
This popular festival is back with the usual Chef’s Taco Throwdown, Bartender’s Battle, and plenty of entertainment. With COVID-19 still a concern, the festival is adding social responsibility initiatives. “Over the past 12 months have rigorously perfected our COVID-19 safety protocols,” said Tammy Johnson, CEO of High Spirits Hospitality, the organizer of the event. “We are thrilled to be able to host a live event that allows for people to be able to get out and enjoy our fantastic hospitality scene in a safe manner.”
Some of the precautions being taken for guests and vendors:
- All attendees and vendors will be asked to wear masks at all times, even if they have been vaccinated. You can remove your mask at your table or in the General Admission area to enjoy your tacos and tequila cocktails.
- All VIP and Priority attendees will have an assigned table for their group. Trays will be provided so guests can easily get up to go grab tacos and tequila for the table. General Admission attendees will have communal seating.
- All attendees and vendors will have their temperature checked at the door and will be asked a couple Covid-19-related health screening questions.
- Refunds will be provided if a ticket holder has to stay home due to Covid-19. We do ask that you submit a positive Covid-19 test dated between April 18, 2021 and May 2, 2021 or a doctor’s note stating that you have been asked to quarantine on the event dates. Otherwise all ticket sales are non-refundable. You are certainly able to give your tickets to someone else.
- The event is broken into two sessions to allow for a smaller crowd and more room to social distance.
- Attendees should acknowledge that there is an inherent risk to attending this event, and High Spirits Events is not responsible for any short or long term illness that may arise if you contract Covid-19 at the event.
Any restaurants or bartenders who wish to participate in the 2021 Tacos ‘n Tequila Fiesta can go to www.tacotequilafiesta.com. Sponsorships, as well, are also being accepted. Those interested in sponsorship can visit www.tacotequilafiesta.com/sponsors
All attendees must be 21 years of age or older and have a valid ID on them to enter the fiesta. All tickets include all the tacos you can handle along with all the tequila cocktails & beer you can responsibly drink. In addition, there will be table side games, music from DJ Santi, and more.
- VIP: Reserved seating in our VIP area with VIP Tequila Tasting, VIP Bar, VIP swag bag, chips, salsa and guacamole for the table. Tables are sold in groups of four, six or eight. Admission for this ticket level starts at 12:30 p.m. or 4 p.m., depending on your session.
- Priority: Reserved table for your group – sold in tables of four, six, or eight. Admission for this ticket level is at 1 p.m. or 4:30 p.m. depending on your session.
- General Admission: This ticket is for those new to Greenville who want to get out and mingle or just the solo taco fan. We’ll have a general admission area where you can take your mask off to eat and drink, and mingle with others at communal seating. Admission is at 1:00 p.m. or 4:30 p.m.
Tickets are on sale and can be purchased at www.tacotequilafiesta.com/tickets.html.
About Tacos ‘n Tequila Fiesta and High Spirits Events:
High Spirits Events, a division of High Spirits Hospitality, is proud to bring you Greenville’s new favorite one-day foodie festival. They’ve brought in the area’s best restaurants and bars to bring you the best tacos and tequila cocktails. Tickets include exclusive access to all you-can-eat tacos and tequila cocktails, entertainment, and more. Learn more at www.tacotequilafiesta.com.
About The Old Cigar Warehouse:
Located at 912 S. Main Street across from Fluor Field in the West End, The Old Cigar Warehouse features more than 7,000 square feet of event space, an open catering policy and full event support, allowing the venue to deliver a seamless event. The Old Cigar Warehouse was built in 1882 and historically used as a warehouse for cigars and cotton. With 30-foot-high ceilings, exposed brick and stained floors, the warehouse is sure to inspire the most creative of events. It is a division of High Spirits Hospitality. www.oldcigarwarehouse.com.