GREENVILLE, S.C. — A host of leading business and healthcare leaders will be speakers at next week’s WellSpent Southeast.
The goal of WellSpent Southeast will be to develop public-private partnership in advancing state economic development, healthcare for population health, and healthier business and economic growth through shared vision, values and measures across Georgia, Arkansas, Mississippi, South Carolina, and Alabama.
WellSpent Southeast will be held from 9:30 until 11 a.m. on Thursday, January 28. Tickets to the virtual conference are free. More information, including a link to register, can be found here.
Speakers will include:
- Former Mississippi governor Phil Bryant., who currently is a partner at Bryant Songy Snell, and has been striving to create healthcare opportunity zones in Mississippi, including his promotion of healthcare as an economic impact driver at the Tradition Medical City Project.
- Billy Sims, the former Vice President of Human Resources and Senior Vice President of Policy Services at Southern Farm Bureau Life Insurance Company. The company’s efforts to boost employees’ engagement in managing their healthcare, better managing and controlling their costs, and focusing on a more value based healthcare program allowed for cost reductions within the plan and no cost increase over three years. The company also partnered with the Mississippi Business Group on Health, other health systems and the state’s economic groups to highlight and promote healthcare as a positive driver for economic development.
- Kevin Taylor, Chief Human Resources Officer at Bob Jones University. Taylor has spent the past twenty years working in Human Resources with Bob Jones University and shaping their employment communications and processes.
- Marcus Blackstone, the Chief Clinical Officer with Bon Secours Health System, where he has combined his clinical knowledge with entrepreneurial, strategic, and relationship building skills to address issues across multiple service lines.
Some of the key categories to be discussed in the conference include:
- Employers who follow best practices demonstrate growth in stock price.
- Public employers who follow best practices demonstrate tax dollar savings that can be redeployed for other areas.
- Employers who follow best practice demonstrate improved health, productivity, and outcomes and positive financial impacts.
- Employees who are healthier are less absence, more productive, and higher performing.
State and Local Economic Development Community
- Employers select locations based on the health of the population, the community, and the economic growth prospectus.
- State governments create higher tax revenues due to better performing businesses.
- Employers select locations based on high quality of health of healthcare.
- Healthcare manufactures and distributors realize business growth.
- New healthcare companies are being launched to fill needs and solve problems in the current system.
About WellSpent Southeast:WellSpent Southeast is about linking business and healthcare within the Southeast region of the country for the purpose of sharing similar issues and experiences around health care trends, problems, and solutions. Exciting new and established healthcare related innovations or economic development efforts are important to improving along with increasing real-world solution opportunities desired by the business community leaders of each Southeastern state. Learn more at https://epicouncil.org.