The last few Friday Flashes have been heavy in terms of content. We are not apologizing for that because we have been talking about issues that a lot of people are thinking and worrying about that. We are proud of work in providing solutions to complex problems for our partners. It is one of our hallmarks.
But we also are a firm that once had a persnickety Persian cat as a mascot. We have a boss that blasts 1970s punk rock from his office. We are firm that drinks enough coffee a week to fill an oil tanker. We make our interns watch Arrested Development reruns. We sing bad parody songs to the Chicago soundtrack. We even have a Georgia Bulldog football fan.
So, yes, we can be fun. And this week we are going to show it by sharing some news that is making us laugh right now. If you are having a bad day, click on some of these links, read some of the stories, and maybe this day will get better.
- This Buzzfeed article on weird moments in Disney films.
- com. It’s always good for some fun stories. It is the second oldest humor magazine in America. Some of the jokes show it.
- This collection of cat videos.
- Alchemy Comedy. Heck, go there tonight in downtown Greenville.
- John Boyanoski’s one-year old son played his first practical joke. He moved some boxes to prevent a door from being opened. When John couldn’t open the door all the way, his sonsat there laughing like a maniac. This is the same kid who also liked to close a pair of French doors to “lock” his parents in a room. This is the same kid who fights a daily battle with socks.
- Disco dancing orcs from the animated Lord of the Rings movie from the 1970s.
- Harry Nillson’s and John Lennon’s “Pussy Cats” album cover. Bonus if you can find the hidden word “drugs” on the cover. Listen to the album if you want a real laugh. Interesting fact. When the team listened to this on vinyl a few months back, we all remarked how bad Nillson sounded. Turns out, he had lost voice halfway through, but pushed on anyway.
- And finally, the Benny Hill song.
Anyway, we are glad you got a laugh from the Complete PR team today. Well, at least, we hope you got a laugh.