Media segments provide a great opportunity for companies to get their name out into the community. As a public relations firm, it is one of our main goals to reach out to television, radio and podcast stations to book segments for you to discuss business or an upcoming event.
Below are some helpful tips and tricks when interested in booking media segments that will not only help us communicate better with the media stations, but also to benefit your company!
- Respond in a timely manner
- If you find an interesting podcast or want us to reach out to a local news station, make sure to have a plan set up. The media stations want to know if you are available for a segment within a few hours, not a few weeks.
- As a public relations firm, we want to steer clear of any confusion, delayed responses or no response at all. It looks unprofessional and the media station may not be willing to work with us again.
- When a release goes out, clients need to be available
- Our associates at Complete will communicate with our clients to find the best day to send out a press release. Always make sure to pick a day where you will be in town. That way if the media has any questions, you will be available.
- Unsure of a question, follow back up later
- If a media member calls and asks a question you are unsure of, call them back when you have a definite answer. Always make sure you follow back up so you don’t leave the media guessing.
- If a media member calls, let us know
- Always let us know if someone from the media calls your company. That way we can help you get the most out of the experience.
Complete PR knows that communication is key when booking media segments for clients.