Greenville is a great community full of fun activities for people to do. But if you’ve been to Greenville, you’ve probably noticed that the community is full of more than just people— just take a look downtown, and you’ll see pups with their peeps strolling through Falls Park on the Reedy, on Main Street, along RiverPlace, and everywhere in-between.
We’ve decided to put together some great places to go if you have a furry-friend and want to bring them along:
- Swamp Rabbit Trail: A favorite of cyclists and runners, the 22-mile multi-use greenway is also a great place for take your pup for some fresh air and exercise.
- Falls Park on the Reedy: One of the most popular places to go downtown, this 32-acre park is home to the Reedy River Falls—best viewed by the one-of-a-kind Liberty Bridge that overlooks them. Paths connect to Cleveland Park, the city’s largest green space.
- Unleashed Dog Bar: Greenville’s first completely dog-friendly bar where your pup can play with his buds in the partially covered outdoor fenced play area (rules apply) while you enjoy a brew and watch your favorite team on the television.
- Conestee Dog Park: This is part of the much larger Conestee Park recreational complex. This complex includes five baseball fields, playgrounds, ample parking, and is next to the Lake Conestee Nature Preserve with miles of trails and boardwalks for on-leash dog walks.
- Gather GVL: Gather GVL is an outdoor food hall and entertainment venue comprised of 13 restaurants in shipping containers. Bring your pups out to socialize with you while you grab something to eat or have a drink.
These are only a few of the many dog-friendly places in Greenville. Many businesses in Greenville County are dog-friendly and will be more than welcoming to you and your pup. This list just serves as a starting point to get you and your fur baby on your way.