Five things that will happen in South Carolina in 2016
It’s not hard to predict the future when you know what happens in the past. That is not nearly as deep as it sounds. Basically, Complete Public Relations is going to lay down some hard truths that will happen in South Carolina in the next full orbit around the sun.
- Goodbye candidates. The Republican presidential candidates have treated South Carolina like the belle of the ball for the past year all in an effort to get votes. What votes? Primary votes. Just primary votes. They don’t care about the general election. The dirty secret of South Carolina being so important in the presidential election cycle is that this state will go Republican. No way around it. That means once our primary ends on February 20, the candidates will vanish from here faster than pictures of an ex on Facebook. They will take their staffs, consultants and ad buys with them. The winner of this state’s primary will get a huge boost, which historically means that person wins the GOP nomination. Of course, that didn’t happen in 2012, which means if Palmetto State voters miss again…we may not be the belle of the ball come 2020.
- Five disasters loom: We will be in the national news for all the wrongs reasons at least five times. Why five times? Because we always seems to capture the nation’s imagination at least five times a year for some very bad reasons. In 2015, it was broken damns, the Charleston massacre, the North Charleston police shooting, the continuing saga of Thomas Ravenel and the Confederate flag debate. What will it be in 2015? What scandals lurks? What will collapse?
- Cheap Gas: If we have one saving grace is that we have cheap gas, and it should remain cheap for at least two economic quarters.
- Social Media will get more abrasive. There are going to be some tough local political race in2016, and expect people to get more strident.
- Complete Public Relations has a big announcement coming in late February. Stay tuned.