Who we are looking for:
Well, for starters, we need someone who is self-motivated and hits the ground running day one. You’ll be working with our team on everything from media relations to social media management to crisis communications and more.
While every day in the public relations field is different, our interns are generally expected to help with the following:
- Writing press releases
- Managing website and social media content for the firm and clients
- Tracking media coverage of clients and events
- Making follow-up calls to the media
- Assisting with event planning and client strategy
- Attending meetings with clients
In addition, we want you to experience as much of the public relations field as possible. That means you’ll be shadowing and assisting us with press conferences, client strategy meetings, and other events. Flexibility and a willingness to learn is key!
At the end of your time with us, you’ll walk away with:
- A strong understanding of the different elements of public relations
- A strong understanding of public relations writing, including AP style and writing for different purposes (press releases, op-eds, and digital content)
- Experience using public relations software, including content management software and media monitoring software
- Experience putting together and executing an event plan