Everyone makes New Year’s resolutions… how about some PR resolutions? Having good PR is necessary today in order to have a successful and reliable business. It helps build trust with customers and manage reputation while building relationships. PR is one of the most important ingredients in the marketing mix! Hopefully some of these tips can help:
- Embrace social media: Social media is one of the best forms of marketing…and the best part about it is—it’s free!
- Network: A great way to build your reputation and get your name out there is connecting with people. When people know you, and know about your business, they are likely to recommend you to others. The best networkers are the ones who are able to build relationships and invest time finding out about others.
- Update your website: Keeping things up to date is important. Not only does this include your website, but all social media platforms should be updated as well! This shows credibility and increases activity. It’s 2020, your last blog post shouldn’t be from 2018.
- Get yourself out there: Develop a story about your business. Read the newspaper daily, read publications you want to appear in, read industry publications and spot industry trends to help get an idea of the media’s interest.
- Set goals: Take some time to figure out what your ultimate goal is for you or your business and how that can be achieved.
PR is all about people—meeting them, talking to them, learning from them. This is why PR is so important. If you network effectively, you will soon gain brand awareness and customers to help create a successful business. And if you need help, give us a call at 864-289-9772.