GREENVILLE, S.C. – The Upstate’s popular festival dedicated to the love of tacos and tequila has a date for 2020, and with added health and safety measures.
Tacos ‘n Tequila Fiesta will be held on Sunday, September 27 at the Old Cigar Warehouse in downtown Greenville. The fiesta will be held in two sessions, noon to 3 p.m. and then 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., in order to limit the capacity and allow for social distancing.
“We brainstormed a lot of ideas and looked at best practices for hosting events during the Covid-19 pandemic,” said Tammy Johnson, CEO of High Spirits Hospitality, the organizer of the event. “A fun and exciting event can be done that also is one that is safe for people to attend.”
Some of the precautions being taken for guests:
- All event attendees are asked to wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth while moving around the event. This includes waiting at check-in, visiting the taco and tequila booths, going to the restroom, etc. Don’t stress though, attendees will have an assigned table where you can take your mask off as you eat.
- Event attendees will be assigned a table for their group. Everyone is encouraged to remain at their table and avoid moving around. We will provide disposable trays so you can grab food and cocktails for your table.
- Event staff will be disinfecting all high contact surfaces throughout the event. This includes restrooms, railings and doorknobs.
- All tables and chairs will be disinfected before each event session begins.
- If attendees aren’t feeling well or have been exposed to COVID-19, they can request a refund as long as the request is placed 24 hours in advance of the event.
- All staff, participants and event attendees will have their temperature checked upon entrance.
- The entire event will take place outdoors.
- All restaurant participants and staff will be wearing a mask for the duration of the event.
“In addition to the above safety measures, we are raising money for our Restaurant Relief Fund,” Johnson said. “This fund will be split up among the participating restaurants and go straight to them to assist with their general operating costs. If you are no longer able to attend the event, or are a VIP ticket holder downgrading their ticket, we’d appreciate it if you would consider donating your ticket dollars to this fund. Our restaurants really could use your support.”
All attendees must be 21 years of age or older and have a valid ID on them to enter the fiesta. Any restaurants or bartenders who wish to participate in the 2020 Tacos ‘n Tequila Fiesta can go to www.tacotequilafiesta.com. Sponsorships, as well, are also being accepted. Those interested in sponsorship can visit www.tacotequilafiesta.com/sponsors. Tickets are on sale and can be purchased at www.tacotequilafiesta.com/
About Tacos ‘n Tequila Fiesta and High Spirits Events:
High Spirits Events, a division of High Spirits Hospitality, is proud to bring you Greenville’s new favorite one-day foodie festival. They’ve brought in the area’s best restaurants and bars to bring you the best tacos and handcrafted Lunazul 100% Agave Tequila cocktails. Tickets include exclusive access to all you-can-eat tacos and tequila cocktails, entertainment, and more. Learn more at www.tacotequilafiesta.com .
About The Old Cigar Warehouse:
Located at 912 S. Main Street across from Fluor Field in the West End, The Old Cigar Warehouse features more than 7,000 square feet of event space, an open catering policy and full event support, allowing the venue to deliver a seamless event. The Old Cigar Warehouse was built in 1882 and historically used as a warehouse for cigars and cotton. With 30-foot-high ceilings, exposed brick and stained floors, the warehouse is sure to inspire the most creative of events. It is a division of High Spirits Hospitality. www.oldcigarwarehouse.com.