My name is Taylor Walton and I am the public relations intern for this spring semester.
2. Where are you from?
Johns Creek, GA and currently a student at Clemson University
3. Any hobbies?
I love watching Clemson football, playing soccer, skiing, traveling and reading Harry Potter.
Congratulations! You just got extra points for being a Harry Potter fan. 4. As a lad, what did you want to be when you we’re a grown-up?
When I was little I wanted to be a spy for the CIA.
5. Do you have any special skills or weird talents?
A friend told me today that I have an “uncanny ability to finish a thing of almond butter quicker than anyone.”
Do you mean in one sitting? Or do you just use a lot of it? We have so many unanswered questions about this. Anyways, 6. What is your favorite part of your job now?
I love working with a small company and getting lots of hands-on experience with a bunch of different aspects of PR.
7. Would you rather have a pet monkey or pet tiger?
I asked for a monkey in elementary school and got a stuffed animal one instead. Still have him, his name is Mr. Monkey…
8. Are you a morning or night person?
9. We take the shows we watch very seriously. What is your favorite & least favorite TV show?
That’s hard I like a bunch of different shows. I love New Girl, Grey’s Anatomy, the Office and Modern Family. Guilty pleasures include The Bachelor and KUWTK. I don’t have a least favorite but thought Fuller House was kind of a disappointment.
It totally would’ve been better with the Olsen twins. 10. Are you superstitious?
11. What’s your favorite thing about Greenville?
Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s– we don’t have either of those in Clemson so I’m always looking for an excuse to come up here.
12. Favorite social media channel?
13. What’s your favorite app (not including social media)?
14. What is your favorite publicity stunt/ PR campaign of all time?
Definitely a fan of the Christmas dinner event in Hogwarts’ Great Hall at the WB studios and I’ve always loved the Dove Real Beauty campaign.
15. What was your favorite class in college that was unrelated to your major?
I really liked a Digital Imaging and eMedia class that I took sophomore year. We got to make promo videos for the basketball team.
16. If you could say one thing to your previous boss, what would it be?
17. If you could write a message to yourself five years ago, what would you say?
It’ll all work out.
18. Not trying to open a can of worms here, but if you could change one thing about the world, what cause would you choose?
If I could choose any cause, it’d be helping orphans.
19. What was the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
Work hard in everything you do and stay humble wherever you go. And never limit yourself!
20. One last thing- how do you take your coffee?
With a splash of coconut milk.
Taylor Walton joined the Complete PR team as an intern in January 2017. She will graduate from Clemson University in May 2017.