- Introduce yourself and share your role at Complete PR
I’m Emily Dyer, the newest associate at Complete Public Relations!
- Where are you from?
I’m from a little town 20 minutes east of Atlanta called Conyers.
- Any hobbies?
I am really into fitness, especially running. I have completed two half marathons and compete in the Peachtree Road Race in Atlanta every Fourth of July!
- Uncle Sam would be proud. As a lad, what did you want to be when you we’re a grown-up?
I was really into soccer when I was growing up so I wanted to be the next Mia Hamm. I used to go to the Atlanta Beat games and made sure my jersey number was nine just like her. When I got a little older and realized that soccer was more fun to watch than actually play and constantly be kicked in the shins, I started to fall in love with writing. Eventually when I got to college, I figured out I could write and tell stories for businesses and people within a community hence my degree in public relations.
- Do you have any special skills or weird talents?
According to my friends, my special skills are remembering song lyrics and online shopping.
- What is your favorite part of your job now?
I love the writing aspect, but I also enjoy going to media segments with clients. It is so interesting to be behind the scenes at the studios and getting to meet people we see everyday on the news!
- Would you rather have a pet monkey or pet tiger?
Monkey. I’ve been watching a lot of episodes of “Friends” lately and I’m at the part where Ross has his pet monkey. I keep thinking how fun it would be to have a pet monkey.
- Executive decision made – he could come to the office any time. Can we help you name him? More on that later. Are you a morning or night person?
Morning. I like to wake up and make coffee and enjoy the morning. Sometimes I will even go for a jog if the weather is nice.
- We take the shows we watch very seriously. What is your favorite & least favorite TV show?
I have a couple favorite shows that I could watch over and over and not get tired of. Those include: Grey’s Anatomy, New Girl, Parks and Rec and The Office.
I can’t say that I have a least favorite TV show, but a show that I want to watch but haven’t had time to binge watch would be Game of Thrones. I want to see what all the hype is about.
- If you start now you could definitely catch up in time for our official Monday morning recaps by the next season. Are you superstitious?
I never walk under ladders and always knock on wood. I also love watching football and baseball so when my team is doing well, I will sit in the same seat or order the same food for their next game. So maybe a little superstitious…
- What’s your favorite thing about Greenville?
I love how fast it is growing but still has that small town feel to it. The downtown area has been fun to explore as well as walking the Swamp Rabbit Trail. I feel like there is so much history to Greenville and I can’t wait to discover more!
- Favorite social media channel?
Instagram. Since moving to Greenville, I have followed a lot of local businesses and bloggers to see what restaurants I need to check out or which park has the best views.
- What’s your favorite app (not including social media)?
I caved and bought Apple music last year so I’m always listening to new music or 90’s pop.
- What is your favorite publicity stunt/ PR campaign of all time?
I am a little Disney obsessed and they did a campaign a few years ago called Dream Big Princess. Disney collaborated with photographers around the world to create a series of images that were of real-world girls and women to inspire kids. I thought it was a great idea since a lot of times we think a princess has a pretty dress and perfect hair, but real princesses are brave, strong individuals that we see everyday.
- What was your favorite class in college that was unrelated to your major?
I took a music in film class my freshman year that was really interesting. The professor took us through how songs can have a huge impact on the scene being played out. We also got to watch Star Wars during class so that was a huge plus.
- Sounds neat. If you could say one thing to your previous boss, what would it be?
Thank you for always being supportive and weird just like me. Also thank you for being just as obsessed with UGA football.
- If you could write a message to yourself five years ago, what would you say?
Moving to a new place is weird and scary especially when you don’t know anyone. Don’t worry because you will meet some great people and that little college town will feel like home. Just keep being yourself and you will figure out what you are supposed to be doing with your life, but for now just have fun and enjoy every minute.
- Not trying to open a can of worms here, but if you could change one thing about the world, what cause would you choose?
I would change how cruel people can be, not only towards other people but to the animals around us as well. I have always had a soft spot for animals and I wish people would take responsibility and care for animals.
- What was the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
My parents always taught me that if something doesn’t feel right or you are not happy, then get out of that situation and move on.
- One last thing- how do you take your coffee?
With hazelnut flavoring and extra cream.